Thursday, May 19, 2011

“Tight Jeans”

Nicole Craer is a young girl in a small town. All that she wants, at the time, is to buy a pair of skinny jeans with pick ribbon on the back pocket. When Nicole obtains the jeans, she feels like a new person. However, she learns that the jeans aren’t as beneficial as she thought. This story would be most enjoyed by young adults, or teenagers in high school. This is definitely is a coming of age genre.
Personally, I really enjoyed this short story because the young child reminds me of myself. I used to be obsessed with the sneakers that would light up with every step I would take. When I wore them, I thought that I was unstoppable, powerful, and strong. I also truly enjoyed it because the author referred to women in history, seventeen magazine, and etc.
Lastly, the author for this short story, Nicole Craer, is clearly dedicated and hardworking. It is amazing how she can connect the story to so many other things, and make the story deeper than you think. Over all, She deserves millions of award for this short story.

No comments:

Post a Comment