Thursday, May 19, 2011

Nobody in Hollywood, by Richard Bauch

Nobody in Hollywood, by Richard Bauch is a demented coming of age story. The main character, Ignatius, has a troubled life and doesn’t fit in. the genre has to be abstract because of the awkward story line. The only audience for this story would either be the mentally inept, someone that has no life, or has read every other piece of literature accessible.
Personally, I believe this story is not worthy to be read. I’m not sure how it even could be published. The author talks about a cross-dressing inter-continental criminal that steals people’s money. This baffled me and the closest story to this I would know is Kill Bill. Both plots confused me and scared me a little bit. I also felt bad for Ignatius because of the misfortunes he encountered.
The only conclusion I can come up with is the fact that Richard Bauch must have had a troubled life also. I think the only person that could write such an unfortunate story is one that may have been through similar situations. The purpose of telling this story is to maybe make one feel bad for the narrator. The poorly written and terrible story line that surround Ignatius makes this story an unfortunate narrative not worthy of being read.

No comments:

Post a Comment